Natalie de Koning
Upcycling is Natalie de Koning's second nature. It forms a strong characteristic in her collections and the main theme for workshops that she teaches at her atelier in Amsterdam, but also on assignment. Taking waste from the textile industry as a basis, Natalie transforms this 'pulp' into highly aesthetical pieces. Her current research and experiments surround topstichting and quilting pulp into new textiles.
Besides her ongoing research and design, Natalie works in assignment. Please contact us to discuss her availability, for example in relation to:
• Workshops in traditional Dutch crafting techniques such as 'Boezelbreien'
• Workshops in natural dyeing processes
• Presentation of her collections, for example in an exhibition / show format
• Personal presentations about her design ethic and upcycling within fashion
• Sustainable design assignments