Modebelofte is an annual fashion exhibition presenting fiercely innovative international fashion graduates. As part of Dutch Design Week from 22-30 October 2016 Modebelofte 'Adaptive Travellers' took place at the (luxury) department store 'de Bijenkorf' in Eindhoven. The exhibition theme explored mobility and the unstoppable inventive nature of mankind. Modebelofte 2016 presented 30 designers from all corners of the globe and welcomed over 15.000 visitors as a major hotspot during Dutch Design Week.
Niek Pulles and Harm Rensink, the curators and designers of the Modebelofte exhibition selected the most eye catching ‘Adaptive Travellers’-looks from the graduation collections of the following participants:
· Liya Liu & Katherine Mavridis from Parsons (New York)
· Zijun Luo (Max) & Edwin Mohney from Central Saint Martins (London)
· Timothy Bouyez-Forge, Luke Stevens, Marie Maisonneuve & Helen Kirkum from Royal College of Art (London)
· Joseph Standish from London College of Fashion;
· Caoimhe Savage from Kingston University (London);
· Pip Paz-Howlett & Liam O’Sullivan from University of Westminster (London);
· Timo Zündorf from Royal Academy of Fine Arts (Antwerp)
· Chun-Hsiang Tang, Tzu-Hsiang (Wesley) Hung & Yu Jou Chung from Shih Chien University (Taipei);
· Vika Mozhaeva, Ralph W Dennis & Marianna Ladreyt from Gerrit Rietveld Academie (Amsterdam)
· Woody 's-Gravemade, Sarah Lauwaert & Nadie Borggreve from KABK (The Hague)
· Leonie van Balen, Johanna Bas Backer, Eline Groendijk & Johannes Offerhaus from ArtEZ, and Sunna Örlygsdóttir from ArtEZ Fashion Masters (Arnhem)
· Wendy Andreu from Design Academy (Eindhoven)
Modebelofte is an initiative of Ellen Albers, owner of You Are Here, who has a long reputation of supporting emerging talents and for bringing the fashion discipline to the context of Dutch Design Week. Modebelofte’s accent lies on innovation. By creating a platform for the most adventurous and visionary innovators from the latest generation of fashion talents during such an internationally well- attended design manifestation, Modebelofte seeks the dialogue with likewise innovative companies, universities, media and the public.